7 Wishes for $7,000 Campaign for the Lowell Elementary Begins February 15
The J.R. Lowell Elementary School PTO of Watertown, MA is pleased to announce the start of its “7 Wishes for $7,000” campaign. The fundraiser begins February 15, 2013 with the launch of the online silent auction www.32auctions.com/lowell-7-wishes and culminates on Friday March 8, 2013 at Donohue’s Bar & Grill -- Function Room (located on Bigelow Avenue) with the adult Watertown community. All are welcome to attend.
The Lowell Elementary School’s 7 Wishes include:
1. In-house grade level field trips
2. Leveled reading books for classrooms
3. App for the school IPod cart
4. Student magazines (Time for Kids)
5. Fully funded afterschool homework club
6. Classroom supply assistance
7. Art & music supplies
The silent auction allows visitors to place bids on items of interest directly on the web site until March 6 (no credit card required). Final live bidding on items will occur at the fundraiser event on March 8th. The PTO team has been working diligently resulting in over 115 fabulous auction items with more added daily. A sampling of items includes:
· One night getaway to Sea Crest Beach Hotel in Falmouth -- Old Silver Beach.
· Restaurant gift certificates to Henrietta’s Table, Union Bar & Grille, Not Your Average Joes, Strip Ts, Kareem’s, Il Capriccio, Nubar restaurant, Fire and Ice, Deluxe Town Diner and many more
· Family outings to Santa’s Village, Old Sturbridge Village, The Discovery Museums, Salem Witch Museum, Wachusett Mountain, MIT Museum, New England Aquarium, Plimoth Plantation, SeaCoast Science Museum, Squam Lakes Natural Science Center and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
· Other tour tickets include, The Boston Flower Show, Newport Jazz Festival and Newport Mansion Tour
· Theatre Tickets to Frank’s McCourt’s – The Irish & How They Got That Way, Huntington Theatre tickets, New Repertory Theatre – Arsenal Center for the Arts
· Sports tickets including the Boston College Football, Boston University Basketball & Hockey tickets, Providence Bruins, Boston Bruins and Celtics
· Boston Ballet tickets
· Estate planning package – MacCormack Law Firm, PC
· Express Tire Gift Certificates
· Interior design consultation – Live Well Interiors
· Fitness certificates – Danielle’s Daily Fitness, Om Namo Center, Inner Strength Studios, Waverley Oaks Athletic Club
In addition to the silent auction, the evening of March 8 at Donohue’s Bar & Grill will also have a round of raffles, a wine grab and a wheel of chance. Prizes include gift certificates from local businesses and restaurants including, Dunkin Donuts, FitZ’s, Revolve, Gerry’s Italian Kitchen, Andrea’s House of Pizza, Massis Bakery and more. Raffle tickets will be $5 for 3 tickets.
Seta Davidian, co-chair of the event and parent says, “Our online auction at www.32auctions.com/lowell-7-wishes has over 115 items. The variety is huge, with something for everyone. It is easy to use, no credit card is required and a lot of fun.”
Michelle Flanagan, also co-chair adds “We have a great opportunity to break our fundraising goal of $7,000 with the unique collection of auction items this year. We are so thankful to all our donors near and far. We are looking forward to the culmination of the auction and an enjoyable evening in Donohue’s, on March 8th.”
Elizabeth Kaplan, Principal at the Lowell School “The PTO’s fundraiser last year had immediate and positive effects in all areas of our school community. The results of the fundraiser impacted students academically, socially, and provided amazing enrichment. We received over 100 new library books, new playground supplies, document projectors, and grade level classroom experiences. The Lowell staff & I are thrilled about this year’s campaign of 7 wishes for $7,000 which will further enhance the experience of our students. We are so fortunate to have such a generous family and community network!"
The 7 Wishes for $7,000 event has free admission. All adults from the Watertown community are invited. If you are interested in donating an item to the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Items can also be sent directly to the J.R. Lowell Elementary, c/o PTO, 175 Orchard Street, Watertown, MA. You may follow the latest news on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pages/Lowell-School-PTO/101654219909103.