Five Things You Need to Know This Weekend
Recycling special items at the DPW, Town Wide Yard Sale and a play at the Arsenal Center.
- Watertown's second annual Donation and Recycling Event will be held Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Public Works Facility. Also that day, shred paper for free at the Public Works Facility from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Town Wide Yard Sale takes place Saturday in dozens of spots around Watertown. The rain date is Sunday.
- New Repertory Theatre presents "Passing Strange," a Tony Award-winning Broadway musical, at the Arsenal Center for the Arts. The show is directed by Kate Warner and features Cheo Bourne, Cliff Odle, and Maurice E. Parent. There will be a show Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Children in grades K to 5 can come to the Watertown Free Public Library to create Lego projects. The Lego Club begins at 2 p.m.
- Dom V and the Swing Out Big Band will be playing for the swing dancers at the St. James Armenian Apostolic Church Saturday night. The event, presented by The Boston Swing Dance Network, begins with a beginners' swing dance lesson from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m., followed by dancing to a live band until midnight.