Five Things You Need to Know This Weekend
Early childhood fair, bridging the gap between the U.S. and Pakistan and a fiddlers' gathering.
- An Early Childhood Fair will be held at Watertown Middle School Saturday at 9:30 a.m. There will be information on local programs for children ages birth to 8 years old, and at 11:30 there will be a free concert by Ben Rudnick and Friends.
- St. John's Methodist Church will host Bridging the Divide: United States/Pakistan, a program to bring together the communities of both nations to find connections, and dispell myths. The event begins Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
- Fiddler lovers are invited to a Gaelic Ceidh at the Canadian American Club on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. Prior to the event, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. there will be a fiddle session for those who fiddle or want to learn how to fiddle.
- New Repertory Theatre presents "Bakersfield Mist" by award-winning playwright Stephen Sachs. This thought-provoking comedy asks what makes a work of art truly authentic? There are shows on Saturday at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Ryan Skating Arena offers public skating this weekend. On Saturday from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from from 2:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.