Five Things You Need to Know This Weekend
Halloween fun, rock out to end Alzheimer's and folk music.
- Check out the Halloween fun around town this weekend, including events at the Watertown Mall and St. Patrick's Parish.
- Rock out to end Alzheimers at the Watertown Elks Lodge. One night, two live bands: Watertown’s own Original Rhythm Rockers featuring Richard Picceri, Tom Neylon, Leo Kricorian and the Red Hot and Blues featuring Linda Picceri and Michelle Tanguay. The fun begins at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, and the suggested donation is $10.
- Children in grades K to 5 are invited to come to the Watertown Free Public Library and read to a certified reading dog. This program creates a supportive environment for early and struggling readers to practice their skills. Registration is required.
- The Folk Song Society of Greater Boston presents Brian Peters Saturday at 8 p.m. at First Parish Church. Described as "one of British folk music's finest ambassadors," Brian has performed all over the world, touring regularly in Europe and America.
- Tools, gems, jewelry-making lectures and more are once again the focus of Metalwerx' annual Vendor Day at the Armenian Cultural and Educational Center Sunday at 10 a.m. Aspiring and professional metalworkers, beaders and woodworkers will find top-quality equipment and supplies for immediate purchase with no shipping costs or delays.