Five Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 23
It's going to be sunny, take a dip to cool off and line dancing for seniors.
- Looks like a lovely day on tap for Watertown today. The National Weather Service calls for sunny weather and a high of 79 degrees.
- Dealtry Pool is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. so you can cool off as the mercury rises.
- Local musicians will perform live jazz music at Stellina Restaurant, 47 Main St., tonight from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. There is no cover charge and reservations are not needed.
- Manny Carerra teaches a Line Dancing Class at the Senior Center. Line dancing helps with memory and balance, plus it's a good workout. The class begins at 11:15 p.m.
- Seniors can have their questions about health insurance answered today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Watertown Senior Center. The SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) program is a free program funded by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs.