Five Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 18
WHS hoops teams take on Belmont, art exhibit at the Arsenal Center and a senior exercise class.
- The Raiders' basketball teams take on rivals Belmont today at the WHS gym. The girls' play first at 5:30 p.m., followed by the boys at 7 p.m.
- The Arsenal Center for the Arts is showing an exhibit featuring the artwork of Katha Seidman, David Lang, and John Thompson. The local artists have been chosen by the center as "Artists to Watch in 2011."
- Students can use the gym at Watertown Middle School to play a variety of sports such as basketball, volleyball, and floor hockey. The program will be under the supervision of the Recreation Department staff in a safe and positive environment.
- Seniors looking to keep active can go to the Watertown Senior Center for the "New Year – New You!" class. The program includes muscle strengthening, light stretching, and low impact aerobics, and is focused on the needs of seniors in a fun and safe environment. The class runs from 11 a.m. to noon, and costs $3 per class.
- The Mellowtones, the Senior Center's choral group will meet today at 12:30 a.m. at the Watertown Senior Center, 31 Marshall St. The Mellowtones perform at Senior Center parties, occasionally at nursing homes, and other locations.