Five Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 9
Author's night, Spanish story time and a exercise class for seniors.
- DeWitt Henry, professor of literature at Emerson College, will discuss his newest book "Sweet Dreams: A Family History" tonight at 6 p.m. at Stellina restaurant. Henry is the founder of the literary journal "Ploughshares" and has served as co-editor over a period of 24 years.
- The Watertown Free Public Library presents stories and songs in Spanish for children ages 3 to 5 in the Children's Program Room today at 11 a.m. Registration is not needed.
- The Reader's Café Book Club deals with "lighter fare," that is, entertaining books from various genres. The club meets tonight at 7 at the Watertown Free Public Library. Books are available at the circulation desk.
- Seniors looking to keep active can go to the Watertown Senior Center for the "New Year – New You!" class. The program includes muscle strengthening, light stretching, and low impact aerobics, and is focused on the needs of seniors in a fun and safe environment. The class runs from 11 a.m. to noon, and costs $3 per class.
- The Planning Board meets tonight at 7 p.m The board meets in the Council Chamber on the second floor of Town Hall.