Five Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 5
Movie at the library, senior exercise class and an adult book group.
- The movie "Shrek Forever After," rated PG, will play at the Watertown Free Public Library, 123 Main St., today at 6 p.m. All are welcome to come to the library for family movie night.
- Tonight the Watertown Citizens for Environmental Safety's Peace & Justice task force meets at 7 p.m. at St. John's Methodist Church, 80 Mt. Auburn St. For more information contact Tony Palomba at email@example.com
- Seniors looking to keep active can attend "New Year – New You," an exercise class hosted by the Watertown Senior Center, 31 Marshall St. The program includes muscle strengthening, light stretching, and low impact aerobics, and is focused on the needs of seniors in a fun and safe environment. The class runs from 11 a.m. to noon, and costs $3 per class.
- The Watertown Free Public Library will host an Adult Book Group tonight at 7 p.m. Copies of book titles are available at the main circulation desk two weeks prior to discussion.
- The Arsenal Center for the Arts, 321 Arsenal St., has a pair of art exhibitions on display. "Biomorphia" features the work of Amy Ross, Yuko Adachi, and Deborah Brand. "Wild Works" is a show of artwork of Lisa Cohen and Kimberly Thompson, who make collages from recycled magazines, and junk mail, and digitally enhanced pop-art photography. The exhibit is open from noon to 6 p.m.