Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 27
Zoning Board meets, kids can learn about weather and a senior exercise class.
- The Zoning Board of Appeals meets tonight at 7 p.m in Town Hall. The discussion will include a proposal to put cell phone antennas on a building at 805 Mt. Auburn Street.
- Children in grades K-5 can learn about weather and weather patterns from Keith Michael Johnson. He will be at the Watertown Free Public Library at 2:30 p.m. today.
- Take a swim today to get some relief from the heat - temps are expected to be in the low 80s. Dealtry Pool is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Seniors looking to keep active can go to the Watertown Senior Center for the "It's Never Too Late to Get Moving" class. The program includes muscle strengthening, light stretching, and low impact aerobics, and is focused on the needs of seniors in a fun and safe environment. The class runs from 11 a.m. to noon, and costs $3 per class.
- The Historical District Commission meets tonight at 7 p.m. The meeting will be in the Lowe Hearing Room.