Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 24
Bingo at the senior center, The Auerbach Dynasty and family walking time at the Watertown Mall.
- The Watertown Senior Center hosts its weekly bingo game today from 10 a.m. to noon. New players are always welcome to join the fun.
- Parents and children can take a stroll through the Watertown Mall every this morning at 9:30 a.m. The mall provides a safe, climate-controlled environment, and the group meets near Carter's. Strollers are welcome.
- Red Auerbach's name is synonymous with the Boston Celtics, and his story is told in "The Auerbach Dynasty," a play produced by Pivish Patel and Paul Plourde and directed by Ken Dooley. The play goes on stage at the Arsenal Center for the Arts tonight at 8 p.m.
- Seniors looking to keep active can go to the Watertown Senior Center for the "It's Never Too Late to Get Moving" class. The program includes muscle strengthening, light stretching, and low impact aerobics, and is focused on the needs of seniors in a fun and safe environment. The class runs from 11 a.m. to noon, and costs $3 per class.
- St. John's Methodist Church holds its weekly Alcoholics Anonymous meeting tonight from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. All are welcome.