Five Things You Need to Know Today: Nov. 3
Free hearing screenings, a Robert Redford flick and story time at the Mall.
- The Senior Center is offering free hearing screenings today from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. A trained technician from Miracle Ear will perform the screenings, check hearing aids, and recommend further services if needed.
- The Watertown Free Public Library is screening Robert Redford’s critically acclaimed 2011 film about Mary Surratt, on trial for conspiring to kill the president, and Frederick Aiken, her reluctant defense attorney. The event is free and begins at 6 p.m.
- The Arsenal Mall hosts Story Time for children ages 5 and under today at 11:30 a.m. The event is free, and Regina Pizzeria will offer discounted lunches for those in attendance.
- The Watertown Library offers computer classes every Thursday evening. This week's class: Intro to Excel. Space is limited to 10 people per class, so please call the library or sign up at the reference desk.
- Folk Arts Center of New England will hold a folk dance program tonight at 8 p.m. at First Parish of Watertown. Prior international folk dance experience is helpful, but many dances can be followed by watching the leaders.