Five Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 3
Story time at the library, live jazz and WHS sports in action.
- The National Weather Service forecasts a 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after noon. Otherwise it will be mostly cloudy today, with a high near 66.
- Children ages 1 and 2 are invited to the Watertown Free Public Library for stories, songs, and playtime today at 10:15 a.m.
- Stellina Restaurant hosts local jazz musicians tonight from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. There is no cover charge, and no reservations are needed.
- Seniors looking to keep active can go to the Watertown Senior Center for the "It's Never Too Late to Get Moving" class. The program includes muscle strengthening, light stretching, and low impact aerobics, and is focused on the needs of seniors in a fun and safe environment. The class runs from 11 a.m. to noon, and costs $3 per class.
- A number of Raiders sports teams are in action today, including home games for the field hockey team against Woburn, for the golf team against Belmont and for the volleyball team against Trinity Catholic.