If you are looking to take a little trip but don't want to leave town, well Watertown Patch readers recommend heading to the Mount Auburn Cemetery.
The cemetery, which was named a National Historic Landmark, is filled with history, and also provides a nice place to walk in nature. It is a favorite place for local birdwatchers.
We will present Mount Auburn Cemetery with a certificate for their "Best Place for an Outing" status in the near future.
This was the 11th Best of Patch Readers' Choice contest.
- In the first contest Maximo's Takeout won Best Sandwich
- Watertown Co-operative Nursery School was voted best preschool/day care
- Miller's Ale House won the contest for best place to celebrate St. Patrick's Day
- Deluxe Town Diner won the contest for best family friendly restaurant.
- Russo's was voted best place to buy Candy in Watertown
- The best tax perparer in Watertown was Tek Management Inc.
- Farina's won the contest for best sporting goods store
- Vahey's Liquors won the contest for best liquor store.
- The best florist contest was won by Cass the Florist
- Uncommon Grounds was named the best place for Mother's Day Brunch
Next week, we're doing a poll on Best Place to Get Grillables in Watertown. Want to nominate a spot that should be included? Add your nomination to the comments section below. Or nominate by sending me an email Charlie.Breitrose@patch.com. This will allow us to be sure we don't leave anyone out.
Voting begins Monday at 5 a.m.