A number of Watertown businesses are serving as drop off locations for the Toys for Tots program this year.
Unnwrapped toys can be dropped off at the following locations to help children in need through the Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program:
Sullivan Tires, 21 North Beacon St.
Toyota of Watertown, 149 Arsenal St.
Lexus of Watertown, 330 Arsenal St.
Santa Visiting Watertown Savings
Santa Claus will stop by eight of Watertown Savings Bank's branches this month. Every child is invited to stop by for a free photograph with Santa.
During this time, the bank will also be holding its annual food drive for local food pantries. The bank will also collect donations of a non-perishable food items for its Annual Food Drive.
Santa's schedule of visits:
- Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2 to 4 p.m., Arlington Branch, 980 Mass. Ave., Arlington
- Thursday, Dec. 15, 3 to 5 p.m., Waltham Branch, 6 Lexington St., Waltham
- Friday, Dec. 16, 3 to 5 p.m., Waverley Square, 30 Church St., Belmont
- Monday, Dec. 19, 2 to 4 p.m., Nonantum Branch, 175 Watertown St., Watertown
- Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2 to 4 p.m., Lexington Branch, 1075 Waltham St., Lexington
- Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2 to 4 p.m., Coolidge Sq. Branch, 10 Bigelow Ave., Watertown
- Thursday, Dec. 22, 3 to 5 p.m., Warrendale Branch, 739 Main St., Watertown
- Friday Dec. 23, Noon to 2 p.m., Main Office, 60 Main St., Watertown Square
Hair Cuttery Coat Drive
The Watertown Hair Cuttery salon is joining a national effort called Krausey’s Koats — a drive that was started 6 years ago by former radio personality Joe Krause with the help of the IBEW. During the past 6 holiday seasons, Krausey’s Koats has collected more than 15,000 coats and cold-weather clothing.
Hair Cuttery has begun collecting gently used coats, jackets, hats, scarves or mittens at any of their 44 of New England salons, including the Watertown salon. Collections will end Jan. 1. The transportation and delivery of the winter gear will be handled in collaboration with the United States Army. All collected items will be delivered to local missions and homeless shelters, and a variety of non-profits serving the needy, such as: St. Vincent DePaul Society, the Salvation Army and Cradles to Crayons.
Free Cleaning for Santa Suits
To help ensure that Santa looks his best throughout the holiday season, Dependable Cleaners, 152 Galen St., is offering Santa free dry cleaning on all of his Santa suits in December and January.