Word of Tim Maslow's notoriety for his culinary creations has spread beyond the Boston area and the chef at Watertown's Strip T's has made the Food and Wine magazine's list of top new chefs in New England.
Maslow told the magazine that he grew up working in his father's restaurant on School Street in Watertown, then he went off to study cooking at the French Culinary Institute in New York. After working in restaurants in the Big Apple, including David Chan's Momofuku Noodle Bar and Momofuku Ssam Bar, he returned to Watertown and took over the kitchen at Strip T's and totally chagned the menu.
One of the top dishes at Strip T's is chicken wings in Moxie Sauce - made with Moxie soda, Maslow told the magazine. One item that remains from the old days is the Cesar salad.
Maslow has a new venture in Brookline. He will open a new restaurant in Washington Square.
In the Food and Wine article, readers can vote for the top chef.
See Maslow's write up and those of other chefs in Food and Wine by clicking here.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Accused Marathon Bomber and Former Watertown Man Committed Waltham Murders
- Suspect Killed by FBI Used to Live in Watertown, Allegedly Played Role in Waltham Murders
- Parking Ticket Issued in Watertown to Car Registered to Bombing Suspect in Area of Shootout
- Watertown Police Will Share Details of the Shootout, Capture of Marathon Bombing Suspects
- Mural Planned to Replace Graffiti-Covered Wall in Watertown