Watertown Mattress Fire Cause by Faulty Space Heater
The Fire Department determined the cause of the blaze that started in a Howard Street home on Dec. 27.
A faulty space heater sparked a blaze that damaged a mattress in a Howard Street home last week.
The fire started at 4:42 p.m. on Dec. 27, said Watertown Police Lt. Michael Lawn.
"The Fire Department responded to a fire on the second floor of a home on Howard Street and found a mattress on fire," Lawn said. "The fire was extinguished and it was caused by a faulty space heater."
The mattress was dragged out of the home and fire did not significant damage to the rest of the home.