Invite a friend
Movie Matinee - Tom Jones
This week's Senior Center movie matinee is "Tom Jones."
Tony Richardson's adaptation of Henry Fielding's classic novel was one of the most critically acclaimed and popular comedies of its time, winning four Academy Awards, including Best Picture.
The film follows Tom Jones (Albert Finney), a country boy who becomes one of the wildest playboys in 18th century England, developing a ravenous taste for women, food, and rowdy adventures.
Over the course of the film, Jones tries to amass his own fortune and win the heart of Sophie (Susannah York). Not only does John Osborne's Oscar-winning screenplay stay true to the tone of the novel, but the cast -- including Lynn Redgrave in her first screen role -- tears into the story with spirited abandon, making the movie a wildly entertaining and witty experience.
More About Watertown Senior Center
Located a few blocks from Watertown Square on Marshall Street, the Watertown Senior Center hosts a variety of classes and programs for seniors and their families, including exercise classes, health screenings, a shopping bus, medical transportation, property tax work-off, snow shoveling and yard work. Activities such as movies and trips are also available through the center.
Other events here
- Senior Center Exercise Class Weekly on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Spine Health Information at the Senior Center Wed, May 22, 9:30 am
- Whist at the Senior Center Weekly on Wednesdays, 12:30 pm–3:30 pm
- Blood Pressure Screening Clinic February 24, 2011 / January 24, 2013 / March 28, 2013 / April 25, 2013 / May 23, 2013, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Yoga for Seniors Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Games at the Senior Center Weekly on Thursdays, 11:00 am
- Movie Matinee - The Bourne Legacy Thu, May 23, 1:00 pm
- Senior Bingo Weekly on Fridays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm