Invite a friend
Senior Book Group Discusses "Nobody's Fool"
The Watertown Senior Center's Book Group meets today to discuss “Nobody’s Fool” by Richard Russo.
Copies of the book are available at the Watertown Free Public Library.
Here is a brief synopsis of the book: In this affectionate story of small town life in upstate New York, Sully, a fitfully employed 60-yearold construction worker, is a cheerful curmudgeon who has made a lifetime of bad decisions. He unexpectedly has a chance to make right some of them when his estranged son and grandson drop back into his life.
More About Watertown Senior Center
Located a few blocks from Watertown Square on Marshall Street, the Watertown Senior Center hosts a variety of classes and programs for seniors and their families, including exercise classes, health screenings, a shopping bus, medical transportation, property tax work-off, snow shoveling and yard work. Activities such as movies and trips are also available through the center.
Other events here
- Senior Center Exercise Class Weekly on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Spine Health Information at the Senior Center Wed, May 22, 9:30 am
- Whist at the Senior Center Weekly on Wednesdays, 12:30 pm–3:30 pm
- Blood Pressure Screening Clinic February 24, 2011 / January 24, 2013 / March 28, 2013 / April 25, 2013 / May 23, 2013, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Yoga for Seniors Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Games at the Senior Center Weekly on Thursdays, 11:00 am
- Movie Matinee - The Bourne Legacy Thu, May 23, 1:00 pm
- Senior Bingo Weekly on Fridays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm