The following information was provided by the Watetown-Belmont Chamber of Commerce:
The Watertown-Belmont Chamber of Commerce will honor local business people, businesses and community volunteers at the 39th annual WBCC Awards Dinner on Nov. 1.
Awards will be handed out to those dedicated to the community, for redeveloping or enhancing property, their work in the local business community and their service to youth.
Eric Giler, CEO of WiTricity a Watertown-based company, will be the speaker at this year's banquet.
Here are the honorees for the 2012 WBCC Awards:
Stanley Porter Award - For outstanding dedication and achievement in serving our community as an involved citizen
- Jeannette G. Clough, President & CEO Mount Auburn Hospital
Business Revitalization Award - For outstanding contribution to our community through significant redevelopment or enhancement of a commercial or industrial property
- Miller's Boston Ale House, Watertown
- The Sweet Peach Diner, Belmont
Chamber of Commerce Award - For outstanding cooperation with the business community as a group or organization
- Mount Auburn Cemetery
- Tufts Health Plan
Charles Burke Service to Youth Award - For outstanding dedication and service to youth
- Gregory Salvucci, Watertown Youth Baseball
- Stephen Russo, Lady Raiders Girls Hockey
- Brian Quirk, Belmont Youth Hockey
- Jack Marchant, Watertown/Belmont Pop Warner
Dexter Whittinghill Memorial Award - For outstanding service to the Chamber as a member and committee person
- Michael A. Albano
- Linda G. Souza
Special Recognition Award
- Victory Field
- Thomas Furbush and James Dunleavy, Jr., for their 30 years of service to the Watertown Babe Ruth League
The dinner, which will be held at Tufts Health Plan, 705 Mt. Auburn St. in Watertown, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Nov. 1.
For more information contact the Watertown-Belmont Chamber of Commerce at 617-926-1017 or email@example.com.