WATERTOWN PATCH STORM CENTRAL UPDATES, CLOSINGS & MORE:
Saturday, Dec. 29:
Snow continues to fall steadily in Watertown, and about 4 inches has fallen on the streets of Watertown, according to official Patch measurements (using a yard stick!) What few cars have ventured onto the streets are crawling along, near Watertown Square.
The snow really started falling in Watertown around 4::30 p.m., and now is falling fast and heavy. It appears about 2 inches has accumulated on the ground.
- While the Watertown overnight parking ban was lifted this week, the heavy snowfall means that cars should not park on public streets in town. In addition, the DCR has a parking ban.
- Cars can park in municipal lots around town, at schools, and other selected sites.
- MBTA buses are running in Watertown, but some routes have delays due to the weather. As of 7:30 p.m., the 57 Bus from Watertown Square to Kenmore Square is delayed 15-20 minute delays, according to the MBTA's Twitter feed.
Scroll down for important phone numbers, websites and more. Stay with Watertown Patch as we keep you updated throughout the storm.
See a tree down in your neighborhood? Notice a road is icy? Just saw a store clerk put out more snow melt products? Please use this story on Watertown Patch to help out your neighbors.
IMPORTANT NUMBERS & WEBSITES:
- In an emergency, dial 911
- Police Department: 617-972-6500
- Fire Department: 617-972-6500
- DPW: 617-972-6420
- National Grid gas emergencies: 800-233-5325
- NStar power outages: 800-592-2000 or the Report an Outage form.
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)
List of cab companies:
- Waterrtown Taxi: 617-923-9003
- McCue's Taxi: 617-924-0600
List of tow companies:
- Perfection Towing: 617-924-9016