The sale will be filmed for the TLC show "I Found The Gown," according to a report by the Boston Globe.
While being a part of a TV show could be big, the highlight for dress shoppers will likely be the big discounts. VOWS's website bridalpower.com advertises dresses for $49 to $999, which normally cost $1,000 to $7,000 if you buy them retail. Designers include Vera Wang, Monique Lhuillier, Lazaro, Paloma Blanca, Pronovias and Allure.
The one-day sale will be on Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at VOWS, 130 Galen St. in Watertown.
Some lucky shoppers will find gold coins in their dress, which means they will get the gown for free, according to the VOWS website.
A few things VOWS said shoppers should know about the sale:
- First come, first serve and prepare for a long line
- The store will be admitting 20-30 brides an hour for a one hour limit
- Dress for open and shared dressing rooms (think bathing suit or leotard)
- Park anywhere in the entire VOWS lot or park on the street
- Cash or credit card only. All sales are final. No gift cards or running promotions may be used at this event.