- It's Martin Luther King Day. Some things closed for the holiday honoring the Civil Rights leader are municipal, state and federal offices.
- will be held at the Hellenic Cultural Center this morning at 9 a.m. Keynote speaker will be James DeWolfe Perry, who wrote "Traces of the Trade, A Story From the Deep North," about the legacy of the slave trade in the Northern part of the United States.
- Boston Sports Club hosts on the MLK Day holiday. The program begins at 9 a.m.
- at the Arsenal Center for the Arts today at 7:30 p.m. The comedy written by Yasmina Reza is an intelligent and witty Tony Award-winning play asks the question, "What does our taste in art say about who we are as individuals?"
- tonight from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. There is no cover charge, and no reservations are needed.