The mercury is already pushing toward 80 degrees at 9:30 a.m., and it's only going to get hotter over the next few days. Here are some places to go if you don't want to be stuck in your air conditioned house, or worse - you have no A/C.
- Unfortunately, on Pleasant Street does not open until June 25. Kids, however, can enjoy a romp in the sprinkler park at . The sprinklers are on a timer and water is on from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., and 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The offers a quiet, cool environment. Open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. today and Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday. The library has lots computers, DVDs, CDs and of course books. You can also grab a snack and drink at the Cafe on the first floor.
- On Thursday, the is showing the Oscar winning movie, "The King's Speech," at 1 p.m. The free movie will be shown in the center's comfortable lounge.
- If you want to do some shopping, the and are kept cool, and Friday morning at 9:30 a.m. parents are invited to come to the Watertown Mall for the Family Walking Program.
- How about grabbing a Slurpee at , some iced coffee at or soft serve ice cream at .