The following information was provided by the Watertown Recreation Department:
Some big changes could be coming to Casey Park, and residents can find out more at a community meeting on Jan. 8.
The large park on Watertown Street south of the river includes a little league baseball field, basketball courts, tennis courts and a children's play structure. Recently, Recreation Director Peter Centola presented potential upgrades to the Town Council, including: building an outdoor ice/street hockey rink, repairs to the tennis courts and upgrades to the baseball field.
The meeting begins at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 8, in the Lower Hearing Room in Town Hall. Along with Centola, project manager Glenn Howard of CDM Smith, will present the final designs for the project.
They will field residents' comments, concerns and questions.
Following the Casey Park meeting, the Recreation Department will hold an Open Forum meeting. Here is the agenda for the forum:
- Winter Programming Review
- Employment Applications – 2013 – Available January 1, 2013
- Social Media - Facebook
- Spring-Summer: Programming Ideas
- Permit Applications for fields: Spring and Summer – now due
- Victory Field Fundraising Update – Opportunities to donate are ongoing
- Your comments, concerns and questions
The Watertown Recreation Department is now accepting applications for the following positions for the 2013 calendar year. This includes, but is not limited to: Program Director, Program Supervisor, Program Staff, Program Counselor, Program Staff, Specialist, Pequossette Staff, Park Instructors, and Park Ranger.
For all potential returning and new applicants, the following documentation must be completed and returned to the Watertown Recreation Department on or before Friday, March 1, 2013:
- Cover Letter (Word Document)
- Current Resume (Word Document)
- Letter of Reference (New Applicants Only)
- Application for Employment – Recreation
- All new candidates will be interviewed by the Director of Recreation
- All applicants will also complete a CORI form, and other documents as part of the application process.
Applications will not be considered unless it includes all documents completely filled out.
If you are a potential returning seasonal employee, you will be contacted by your immediate supervisor once your application packet is complete. If you are a new applicant, you will be interviewed by the Director of Recreation, Peter Centola once your application packet is complete.
The positions will be open until filled and candidates must be available to work on the days and times required of the position. Most positions will be filled by Friday, April 12.
Send all correspondence to:
Peter Centola, Director of Recreation
149 Main Street
Watertown, MA 02472
Feel free to email the application as a Word or scanned document. For more information, please contact the Watertown Recreation Department at 617-972-6494 or email email@example.com.