.

Watertown Firefighters Douse a Mattress Fire on Howard Street

The Fire Department were called for a fire in the bedroom of the home.

 

Firefighters put out a mattress that had caught fire in the bedroom of a home on Howard Street in Watertown.

According to scanner reports, the fire department arrived at about 4:45 p.m. Thursday at the home and went into the upstairs bedroom and doused the flames. The carried a hose with them but did not have water running in the line, according to the scanner. 

They dragged the mattress out of the house and left it outside.

As of 5:05 p.m., firefighters remain at the home to do a medical evaluation of the residents of the home and make sure the flames have not spread.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »