After months of speeches, debating and sign holding, the election is here! Watertown Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. We will be following all the races that impact the town, from local representatives to the race for the White House.
The following candidates will be running for office this year in districts that cover some or all of Watertown:
- Sample Ballot: To see your sample ballot, go to the Secretary of State's website and enter your address in the Election Information Page.
- Polling locations: To find polling locations and precincts, click here.
- Middlesex Clerk of Courts - Democrat Michael Sullivan of Cambridge faces no challenger.
- Middlesex Sheriff - Acting Sheriff Peter Koutoujian, a Democrat from Waltham faces no challenger.
- Register of Deeds, Middlesex Southern District - Democrat Maria Curtatone of Somerville faces no challenger.
- State Representative, 10th Middlesex - Incumbent John Lawn, a Watertown Democrat, faces Republican challenger Francis Stanton of Waltham.
- State Representative, 29th Middlesex - Incumbent Johnathan Hecht, a Watertown Democrat, faces no challenger.
- State Senate, Second Suffolk and Middlesex - Incumbent Will Brownsberger, a Belmont Democrat, faces a challenge from Watertown Republican Steve Aylward.
- Governor's Council, Third District - Incumbent Marilyn Petitto Devaney, a Watertown Democrat, faces a challenge from independent candidate Thomas Sheff of Newton.
- U.S. Congress, Fifth District - Incumbent Edward Markey, a Malden Democrat, faces Republican Tom Tierney of Framingham.
- U.S. Senate - Incumbent Scott Brown, a Republican, faces Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren.
- U.S. President - Incumbent Barack Obama, a Democrat, faces Republican challenger Mitt Romney and Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson.
Question 1: Availability of Motor Vehicle Repair Information
Question 2: Prescribing Medication to End Life
Question 3: Medical Use of Marijuana