1. Watertown High School took a magical ride through the boys' soccer state tournament this fall. The Raiders followed a solid regular season with series of tourney victories — many in overtime or on penalty kicks — that earned WHS its first state final berth. The Raiders' Cinderella story ended in Worcester in the final against Sutton.
2. Despite losing some top players from last year's state title team, the Raiders field hockey team rolled to its fourth straight state title. Watertown High School even improved from last year, finishing undefeated and untied. The team now has one of the .
3. After years of frustration, the WHS football team enjoyed the sweet taste of victory on Thanksgiving. The Raiders survived an early score by the home team Belmont and ended up dominating Belmont to end the 7 year losing streak.
4. The fasted show in town in 2012 may have been the Watertown High School girls' relay team. At the Div. IV Indoor State Meet, the foursome of Talia Flores, Lauren Basile, Meaghan Kelly and Christelle Madou beat the school record in the 4 x 200 relay having qualified for the High School Indoor Track Nationals in New York City. In the spring, the team won the 4 x 100 relay at the Div. IV State Outdoor Track Meet, on a day when the boys' 4 x 800 relay team brought home another title for Watertown
5. The man who started the Watertown High School wrestling earned his 300th career win in January. Kevin Russo and the Raiders enjoyed a successful year. This is Russo's second stint in town, after moving on to coach at Lexington and Belmont high schools, and then left coaching for a few years.