The brick library building on Main Street dates back to 1884, and in 2006 the expanded facility opened. Two computer rooms, one for adults and one for children, are available free of charge. The library has numerous programs, including story time in both English and Spanish, adult book clubs, computer classes and movies. Patrons can also enjoy coffee and a snack at The Cafe. Meeting rooms at the library can be reserved by residents.
- Hours: Regular hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 9pm; Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, 9am - 5pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm. Summer hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 9pm; Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, 10am - 2pm; Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1867
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Size of collection: 150,515
- Specialties: Children's collection, teen collection, Project Literacy, Watertown History.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Must have library card, 20 computers limited to 30 minute use, 4 for 60 minutes.
- Programs/classes: Project Literacy, Learn English, computer, job-search workshops, scrap booking, knitting
- Wi-Fi: Free