Monday, May 6, 2013
Things happening in Watertown today.
1. Are you up early this morning? There is an outdoor cross training and core class from 5 to 6 a.m. 2. The Senior Center is hosting an exercise class at 11 a.m. 3. The Watertown Free Public Library is hosting 123 Sign with Me, where kids ages three to five can learn sign language. The class is at 3:30 p.m., and pre-registration is required. 4.The Brahma Kumaris Learning Center for Peace is hosting an Introduction to Raja Yoga Meditation at 7:30 p.m. 5. WAGLY (West Suburban Alliance of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Youth) is holding a meeting tonight in Wellesley at 7 p.m.
Friday, May 3, 2013
Things to know going on in Watertown today.
1. The Arsenal Center for the Arts hosts The Wellesley Players' On Golden Pond, at 8 p.m. Performances are also scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, and next weekend. 2. The Canadian-American Club is hosting Friday Maritime music night at 8:30 p.m. 3. Looking for a morning workout option? There's Zumba with Timora at 8:45 a.m. at 220 Waverly Ave. 4. Here's what Watertown High School sports teams have scheduled today for home games. 5. Have you "liked" Watertown Patch on Facebook? Do so and you'll get all things Watertown in your newsfeed.
Thursday, May 2, 2013
What's happening in Watertown today.
1. The Walk for Hunger is just three days away, which means drivers will want to take note of which roads will be closed during the event. 2. Project Literacy meets at Watertown High School at 7 p.m., allowing non-native English speakers to practice the language with tutors. 3. Looking to kick up your heels? First Parish of Watertown is hosting International Folk Dancing at 8 p.m. 4. The Watertown Senior Center is screening a Movie Matinee. Argo will be shown at 1 p.m. 5. The Church of the Good Shepard is hosting a Community Dinner at 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Find out what's going on in Watertown today.
1. The special primary for U.S. Senate was held yesterday, with Democrat Ed Markey and Republican Gabriel Gomez winning state-wide. 2. See how Watertown voted in yesterday's special primary. 3. The Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7 p.m. at Town Hall 4. The Conservation Commission also has a meeting tonight, at 7:30 p.m., at Town Hall. 5. Get the latest headlines in your email each morning in the free Watertown Patch newsletter. Click here to subscribe.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Find out what's going on in Watertown.
1. Today is the U.S. senate primary, leading up to the election to fill the seat vacated by now U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry. Polls in Watertown are open today from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Find out where to vote and more about the candidates in this election guide. 2. The Watertown Free Public Library hosts El Día De Los Niños (Children's Book Day), to emphasize the importance of literacy for children of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds. The event is for children in pre-K to second grade and registration is required. 3. Mt. Auburn Cemetery is hosting a Poetics of Trees event at 5:30 p.m. for $7. Take a walk around the cemetery to visit poets, read poetry and listen to trees. 4. Here's the list of Watertown High School teams playing…
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Five things happening in Watertown today.
1. A New Moms Support Group meets at 9 a.m. at Watertown Family Network, 30 Common St. 2. A Retirement Strategy Session is being held at 9:30 a.m. at the Watertown Senior Center, 31 Marshall St. 3. The Watertown Free Public Library is hosting a Common Threads Poetry Discussion at 7 p.m. 4. The Watertown girls' tennis has a home match against Stoneham at 3:30 p.m. at Victory Field. 5. Donahue's Bar & Grill is hosting Team Trivia at 8 p.m.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Here are five things to know about Watertown today.
1. The Watertown Free Public Library is hosting an Organic Lawn Care 101 workshop from 7 to 8:45 p.m. 2. The Watertown Hair Cuttery is holding a cut-a-thon on Sunday, April 28, from 5 to 8 p.m. to support the victims and families of the marathon bombings. Haircuts will be $10 with 100 percent of proceeds being donated to The One Fund Boston. 3. A moment of silence was held in Watertown yesterday to honor the victims of the Boston Marathon tragedy. See what that moment was like in Watertown here. 4. The Watertown budget hearing scheduled for today has been delayed a day, to April 24, due to the manhunt in Watertown on Friday, April 19. 5. Watertown Police Chief Edward Deveau had a message for residents in the wake of the events last Friday.
Monday, April 8, 2013
See what's going on in town today on Patch.
1. The School Committee votes on next year's school budget tonight. 2. The Arsenal Center features jazz harmonica and a guitar trio. 3. Catch an afternoon movie for the whole family at the Watertown Library. 4. Seniors looking to keep active can go to the Watertown Senior Center for the "It's Never Too Late to Get Moving" class 5. Do you follow Watertown Patch on Twitter and Facebook?
Friday, April 5, 2013
Find out what's happening around Watertown on Patch.
1. Enjoy Maritime Music at the Canadian American Club tonight. 2. Bring your questions and concerns to Town Councilor Susan Falkoff this morning. 3. Preschoolers can play with Legos at the Watertown Library, today. 4. The Senior Center will host a game of bingo today. 5. For up-to-the-minute news on this and other stories follow Watertown Patch on Twitter and Facebook or subscribe to the free email newsletter.
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Find out what's happening in Watertown today on Patch.
1. Middlesex Sheriff Peter Koutoujian will be part of a panel discussing gun safety in the home and suicide prevention tonight. Click here for more information. 2. Head to the mall for some shopping AND children's story time by the Watertown Library. 3. See who the Watertown High School's girl's lacrosse and and boy's tennis teams will play today. 4. Catch the latest James Bond movie, "Skyfall," today at the Senior Center. 5. Get the latest headlines in your email each morning in the free Watertown Patch Newsletter. Subscribe by clicking here.