The Fire Department were called for a fire in the bedroom of the home.
Firefighters put out a mattress that had caught fire in the bedroom of a home on Howard Street in Watertown. According to scanner reports, the fire department arrived at about 4:45 p.m. Thursday at the home and went into the upstairs bedroom and doused the flames. The carried a hose with them but did not have water running in the line, according to the scanner. They dragged the mattress out of the house and left it outside. As of 5:05 p.m., firefighters remain at the home to do a medical evaluation of the residents of the home and make sure the flames have not spread.