Saturday, April 6, 2013
See what's happening in Watertown this weekend.
1. Join the Mount Auburn Cemetery's celebration of the opening of its new greenhouse. 2. Cunniff School's PTO hosts a comedy night and silent auction on Saturday. 3. The town's rabies clinic will be held Saturday. Bring your cat or dog. 4. Bring your concerns and questions about state government and meet State Sen. Will Brownsberger on Saturday. 5. Watertown High School's girl's lacrosse team plays Saturday, and the baseball team takes the field on Sunday.
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Easter Bunny arrives, rummage sale benefiting cancer research and jazz at the Gore Estate.
1. The Easter Bunny makes his grand entrance at the Watertown Mall on Saturday. 2. Head to Watertown Middle School Sunday for a rummage sale to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the school's Pennies for Patients drive. 3. Tour the Mount Auburn Cemetery Saturday and learn about its connections to the Civil War. 4. Head to the Gore Place for a jazz concert on Saturday. 5. This weekend's performances of "The Pajama Game" by the Watertown Children's Theatre have been cancelled.
Saturday, March 9, 2013
WHS girls' basketball plays in the Section Final, WatertownTogether info meeting and mini golf at the library.
1. Watertown High School's girls' basketball team faces Pentucket in the North Section final Saturday in Lowell. 2. WatertownTogether, a group seeking to provide services to allow seniors to stay in their homes, will hold an informational meeting on Sunday. 3. You can play mini golf this weekend at the Watertown Library! 4. Head to the Watertown Library for the latest in the Winter Concert Series. 5. A free workshop on "Characteristics of the Exceptional Entrepreneurial Company" will be held Saturday at the Watertown Library.
Saturday, March 2, 2013
Wedding Faire, Raiders girls basketball host a state tourney game and boxing for a good cause.
1. The annual Wedding Faire will be held at the Commander's Mansion Saturday and Sunday. 2. Head to the mall to watch tryouts to sing the national anthem at the PawSox this summer. 3. The Raiders face Amesbury in the quarterfinals of the North Section girls basketball tournament. 4. Young professionals will put on the gloves and box for a good cause on Saturday. 5. Prince Edward Island musicians Richard Wood and Gordon Belsher will perform at the Canadian American Club.
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Celebrate Longfellow's birthday, Armenian dance performance and public skating.
1. Celebrate Longfellow's birthday with a special program at the Mount Auburn Cemetery. 2. The Arsenal Center for the Arts presents an Armenian dance performance on Saturday. 3. Grab your skates and head to the John Ryan Arena for public skating time. 4. The Country Masters play country music Saturday night. 5. For up-to-the-minute news on this and other stories follow Watertown Patch on Twitter and Facebook or subscribe to the free email newsletter.
Saturday, February 16, 2013
Irish music, 'Children of Eden' at the Arsenal Center and a health and wellness expo.
1. Irish band Erin's Melody will play at the Canadian-American Club on Saturday. 2. Head to the Arsenal Center for the Arts to see "Children of Eden," presented by the Wellesley Players on Saturday night. There will also be afernoon shows on Saturday and Sunday. 3. Learn tips about being healthy and active Saturday at the Arsenal Mall during the Health and Wellness Expo. 4. A drop-in men’s basketball program will be held Sunday at Watertown Middle School. It is designed to provide exercise and fun for men 30 and over. 5. For up-to-the-minute news on this and other stories follow Watertown Patch on Twitter and Facebook or subscribe to the free email newsletter.
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Oscar Night Concert, meet State Sen. Brownsberger and a Super Bowl Party.
1. It's Oscar Night at the Arsenal Center on Saturday when they host a special concert. 2. Residents can meet with State Sen. Will Brownsberger on Saturday and talk to him about any questions or concerns they have. 3. The big game is Sunday, and the Canadian-American Club is hosting a Super Bowl Party. 4. Take a walking tour of the Mount Auburn Cemetery on Saturday. 5. For up-to-the-minute news on this and other stories follow Watertown Patch on Twitter and Facebook or subscribe to the free email newsletter.
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Concert at the library, WHS hockey faces off against Melrose and art exhibit at the Arsenal Center.
1. The Watertown Library hosts Darla Janssen as part of the Winter Concert series. 2. The Raiders take the ice Saturday to face Melrose at Ryan Arena. 3. The Arsenal Center for the Arts hosts an exhibit of "tactile woven forms is inspired by microscopic ocean creatures endangered by marine pollution," made by Michelle Lougee. 4. A drop-in men’s basketball program will be held Sunday at Watertown Middle School. It is designed to provide exercise and fun for men 30 and over. 5. Get the latest headlines in your email each morning in the free Watertown Patch Newsletter. Subscribe by clicking here.
Monday, October 22, 2012
Looking for Halloween and autumn events this weekend? Check out this roundup of things to do across Massachusetts this Thursday through Sunday.
This is Halloween! 'Tis the season when happy haunts begin to materialize and grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize. Of course there's plenty to do in Salem, the Halloween Capital of the World, but there's plenty of local events happening, too. Here's a roundup of local Halloween and autumnal events taking place in and around Stoneham on Thursday, Oct. 25, Friday, Oct. 26, Saturday, Oct. 27 and Sunday, Oct. 28. WATERTOWN Harvest Party at the Senior Center: It’s time to get together at a party with new and old friends at the Senior Center! On Friday, the center will serve a delicious luncheon, and there will be music, dancing, door prizes, and fun with friends. Tickets are $14 and are on sale now. Call 617-972-6490 for more info. …
Monday, October 8, 2012
Looking for Halloween and autumn events this weekend? Check out this roundup of things to do across Massachusetts this Friday, Saturday and Sunday including the Scarecrow Contest at the Watertown Mall.
This is Halloween! 'Tis the season when happy haunts begin to materialize and grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize. Of course there's plenty to do in Salem, the Halloween Capital of the World, but there's plenty of local events happening, too. Here's a roundup of local Halloween and autumnal events taking place in Watertown and beyond this Friday, Oct. 12, Saturday, Oct. 13 and Sunday, Oct. 14. SALEM Haunted Harbor Cruise: Come learn about the haunted happenings of Salem Sound on this 90-minute cruise aboard the historic (and heated) Hannah Glover. Passengers will enjoy a fun-filled, informative trip filled with spooky stories of ruthless local pirates, haunted lighthouses and living monsters who wreak havoc on local ships to this …